Thursday, November 20, 2003

I was just informed that Auburn Adventist Academy had a fire last tuesday. The fire was located in the women's dormitory but no cause as to the reason for the fire has yet been found. 83 female students lived there included overseas students. These women lost everything they had in the fire, passports, visas, clothes, sentimental items, books, everything.

My heart goes out to them. It is not easy to lose everything like that. It is difficult enough to live out of a suitcase for a few days, to live with only the clothes on your back or what someone else gives you must be trying, to put it mildly.

I remember when the Boise Valley Adventist School burned down, (my school for years 2-5) I remember wondering what we were going to do for school now that the building was in smoldering ashes. I don't know what I would have done if my house had burned. My pictures, my papers, my memorabilia, my computer. There is just too much stuff that could not be replaced. I don't know how well I would cope with that.

No comments: