Wednesday, November 24, 2004

my rant for the day

After doing a bit of searching, I have been unable to find any social justice blogs worth mentioning. I can find some serious political blogs but I still fail to find what I'm really looking for. So maybe I'll be the small voice that cries out for social awareness. PLEASE PLEASE realise your impact on the world. We only have one world, we all are one people. Don't just leave all the work up to god because, by the look of things god has left the solar-system.

Then again, you probably don't care. You have things to do. You have events to plan for. You can't take time out to worry about the family in Iraq, the starving Asians, or the aids victims in Africa...These are all far away. Let someone else worry about them.

Its funny, as I was growing up I often thought that the holidays season was supposed to be about being nice to those who were less fortunate than I. Today I think it has always really been about reminding myself how lucky I am not to be one of those "other" people. I don't like this ideology. I'm starting to think the whole holiday season is just bollocks!

No comments: