Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Immigrating...

I feel, being an American citizen, that I have the right to point out the stupidities of my country.

As a temporary resident of Australia, I feel I have no rights what-so-ever to point out that their immigration system is one of the most difficult frustrating systems I've ever encountered.

When a call is placed to the immigration office the person on the other end of the phone either is super HARSH or has an accent so thick you struggle to determine if he said hello or f*ck off.

This of course is contrasted with the "hold" operator who continually mentions how happy Australia is to have people apply to stay within their borders.

In the end, I bang my head against the wall to make sense of it all. This works, a concussion seems to help it all make sense!

But like I've said before, I'm only a temporary resident and have no rights what-so-ever to point to their flaws.

No comments: