Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Mini dresses

I definately didn't intend to set off the alarm, but i did. Maryhill museum of art has a collection called theatre de la mode. It features dresses by french designers right after WWII. Very facinating. All the dresses were sewn to fit a miniature doll (see above doll). The buyers would choose their dress after looking at the miniature and the dress would be ordered. This saved on fabric, something that was not readily available.

Now how did i set off the museum alarm?? Simple. By reaching out and touching the hem of the dress of one of the dolls. OOPs! the security guard appeared immediately and shook his finger at me.

"I'm so sorry" i said pitifully. "i wasn't thinking!"

uh DUUUH!

i felt so stupid! It didn't help that the security guard, my mother, AND her friend all were laughing at me.

No comments: