Tuesday, October 25, 2005

wedding moments

Over the weekend, my sis came to visit. Being that my mum is a very driven person, she decided that even though becky would only be available for one day of shopping, we would spend that day searching for brides maid dresses for becky (as well as luggage for her 2 international trips next year). As many times happens when brides maid dresses are being considered, we went to bridal stores.

I was asked at every one, "are you the bride?"

"Yes" i replied kindly.

"Are you excited?" they would ask.

It is at this point i'm not quite sure how to respond. i mean, the obvious answer isn't the right one, because if it was, they won't have asked the question. so i pondered over which response to make:

"no. its an arranged marriage. i've never met the man."

"not really. my last 3 wedding weren't that exciting either".

"My father sold me to a man for three magic beans, so a wedding isn't as exciting as the beans"

"Yes, but i expect the wedding night to be a real drag!"

No comments: