Wednesday, May 17, 2006

the gallery


I looked at all the photos in the gallery. I read the brief discriptions of the pictures. The photos ranged from art house to disturbingly, graphically violent. I saw a girl of two, covered in the blood of her parents after they failed to stop at a guard crossing and were shot dead. I saw pictures of gang retaliation and death. I saw pictures of starvation and struggle.

When the emotion of it all began to overwhelm me i sat down on a nearby sofa and wondered about human stupidity. For how long have we fought eachother? how long has both sides felt pain and loss? haven't we learned that when we war against eachother, we're only killing ourselves?

i suppose each generation hopes that it will be different when they reach the appropriate age to take over....but it never seems to get better...

I was reminded by a friend that only Christ brings peace, our ways never will.

No comments: