Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Time and a half


If today is the first day of the rest of my life, it isn't looking good. Fear not, i have no intention of unraveling the day to you, but suffice it to say, the stress is mounting.

Wondering at the time, i am reminded that time really does not wait for me to catch up. It speed by, completely ignoring the the speed zones i have set up around my desk. Time does not slow down.

The quick cup of water (or coffee) only serves to remind me that i don't have time to drink (or pee) and that blogging should be out of the question. I steal time.

I suppose that one day i will look back on life and smile at all those times that life wizzed by. With my vantage point, i'll probably notice that even the slow times moved quite quickly. If i'm honest, i can see that the world will not grind to a halt if the paper does not get finished by exactly 9:05. The world continues to spin, time continues to move, I continue to procrastinate and complain i have no time. I am a hypocrite.

I see life through whatever lens suits me. I ignore all others no matter what the evidence suggests. I convince myself that i am no different than all others who have gone on before me. I let time take the blame and keep myself distant from the truth.

Time waits for no man (or woman). I know that if i really wanted i could cherish time. I could make time a pleasant thing, something to greet in ever moment, knowing that the moment will never come again. I could, but it would cut down on my stress and what is life without stress?

No comments: