Wednesday, August 13, 2003

Today i'm inspired to write about answers....answers to prayer, i think.

Life, for me, is so strange. I tell God, (listen to me 'tell God'! as if i could ever be so presuming!) Anyway...i say to God, "God, today i would like to meet so-and-so." and next thing i know, i'm meeting so-and-so. "Wow!" i say to myself, "God is really listening to me!" The next day i say, "God, i want to speak with so-and-so"...and i don't. We pass in the hall, i smile and nothing happens. I don't know. Why does that happen?

One minute i get what i want the next i get nothing. Is that fair? Shouldn't it be all or nothing? Maybe my requests are answered on the basis of my relationship with God?

I don't have all the answers, but i think i have come up with something. God does not answer me in accordance to my will, but His. If it fits into His plan, and I happen to ask it, then it works out. If i ask outside of the plan, there is no give. He isn't going to give me something that will hurt me more than help me. He is watching out for my best interest. When i think about it like that, i'm suddenly flooded by a sense of peace. If God is working this out in his plan, then i don't have to be or do anything. (i guess i do need to continue to be me and put myself out there, but i don't have to change who i am or go off the wall to impress someone)

Well, there is my thought for the day. As usual, if i have caught you in the middle of a yawn, i'm sorry. I'm just figuring out what everyone else already has....

No comments: