Friday, August 12, 2005

Please send more help


I was asked to write a quick letter to a friend outlining the best and worst of my highschool. It took me almost no time at all to remember the worst thing my highschool ever did, asking Mr. Fignole to leave.

He was an amazing teacher. He was my handbell teacher. He taught rhythm and music...But mostly he taught us respect. We respected him and he respected us. Sadly, he was not the most loved teacher in the music department.

Due to some shady dealings on the part of some of the richer families, this man was asked to leave the High School. Well...Asked to leave is a bit harsh, "his contract was not renewed".

The school let go of a man who had more experience in music than ANY teacher we had yet been introduced to. Sadly, the new teacher to replace him was a fresh graduate with very little expirience compared to Fignole. We missed him terribly...we eventually grew to like our new music teacher...although for myself, i never was able to appreciate him like i appreciated Fignole.

So where ever you are, Mr. Fignole, here's to you! You are great, just like you've always been!

No comments: