Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Movie wonder


I love the 1980's film Real Genuis. I love the idea even in a school of social misfits there were lesser social misfits, one of whom was Val Kilmer. Can you imagine Val as a misfit? I can't. Too much of a social life for that...

While the film posted this hot new star, he was not the only star of the film. Gabriel Jarret, Michelle Meyrink, and William Atherton also boasted top credits. But what happened to these people?

Another film I like was Undercover Blues. Its top billers are still well known, but the film itself never made it to the "world's Best Comedy EVER" category. Why? Do I have a strange since of humour?

What is it about stardom that sometimes works and sometime fails? Is there a formula for success or is success merely a figment of imagination?

I suppose "normal" life of us mere mortals is less complicated...But not by much. We still have success and failure. We still find some people unforgettable and others just slip away through the memory. The main difference is our slip-ups and memory loss' don't cost us $7.5 million.

No comments: