Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Sicky

For the last week I've been suffering from a severe sore throat. But going to the doctor is not something I take lightly. I sat stubernly on the couch, unable to swallow my own saliva, but instant that I was "getting better". Finally after several days of Chris pleading. I finally went to the doctor.

She was a very kind European woman who very gentle explained to me that I had strep throat. (oh the joy!) if you've never had it, I'll gladly explain the joy of it. First you get a bad sore throat. Then you start to notice that you've got large bumps in your throat. Then you notice that some of those bumps have white patches on them. The white patches are puss. The longer it takes to get to a doctor the bigger the bumps become until its hard to swallow anything (example, my own saliva)

But the good part is that once you have been diagnosed you can get on antibiotics. And you start feeling better within 24 hours.

I'm not quite at 24 hours yet...but I'm starting to cheer up again;)

No comments: