Television bugs me. Its not the advertisements, although i find them extremely annoying. Its the lack of interesting plots.
Almost every season of television that i truly enjoy, inevitably is cancelled after one or two seasons. (or in the middle of a season if i'm especially unlucky) There are of course exceptions to this rule, but they seem to be few and far between. Thus, i've made a list of things to do and not do in television series. Hopefully some hot producer will read this and take notes.
1. Hire Joss Whedon for your writer and director
2. A female lead character is NOT a bad idea. In fact its brilliant! but don't treat them like a slut. Allow them to be powerful in their own right. Don't make them beg for men's attentions...that is sad, pathetic and a huge turn off! (as in, i will TURN OFF the TV if i see that) Women are about a lot more than sex object. USE THAT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE!
3. Don't be afraid to actually say something in your series. Create television that will activate their brain. If you activate the brain, you'll activate the mouth, and before you know it, you'll have lots of people talking about your show.
4. Special effects are great, but don't try to sell a whole show on special effects. Hire a script writer...in fact, Hire Joss Whedon! (did i already mention this?)
5. Don't be afraid to make fun of yourself. After all, we all know we are watching a tv series. Don't try to act like its more than that.
This great tips are brought to you by the letters T and V and by the number 5.