Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Dear Mr. President

Dear Mr. President Obama,

I am so excited to welcome you into your new post. I am excited to hear that you are already making changes that i feel are important to a free nation. From allowing women counselling during pregnancy that involve all the options, to closing down Guantanamo Bay, i am suddenly a little prouder of my birth country.

Today marks a new day for the world. No longer is there a deep sense of shame for us expats when our country of birth is mentioned. Instead we can hold our head up and say with confidence that things are changing!

I know that the following years are going to be hard. I know that the country will not change overnight and that tough times are not going to be avoided just because we have a competent leader now. I just want you to know that i realise this and don't expect life to go from horrible to exuberant over night.

I look forward to your leadership and wish you all the best in the most stressful job in the world.

sincerely
expat Kris

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

want to move back? i hear mr president's hometown is a good place to live... (and only 100 miles from me!)