Thursday, January 15, 2009

Goodbye



Last week i found out that i has lost a friend. I hadn't misplaced him, he'd misplaced himself.

In October my friend killed himself. He didn't tell anyone that anything was wrong, he just decided to end his life.

Living on the other side of the world, it wasn't unusual that i didn't hear from him every week. We usually caught up ever 4 months or so. When christmas came and he didn't send me a message, i thought he was busy with the christmas season. When New Years rolled around, i didn't notice his lack of merriment then either.

It was when i visited his myspace page and saw all the condolences remarks, the various thoughts and prayers that went out to his family that i got that sick feeling in the pit of my stomach. I didn't know how he had died. I couldn't believe it! I contact his friends and after several days of waiting, i found out the news.

It is horrible to grieve a death that is 4 months past. It is worse still, not knowing why he did it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about Tim...I understand the loss...I had lost one of my friends due to suicide...I found out a month later....Still feel sick and angry about it....