Monday, December 11, 2006

lavender blue



















not long ago, i spoke about the horrors of deepfrying your thumb. Today we will speak of the horrors of inhaling lavender powder.

Now please do not think i am some sort of strange junky. I am merely a holiday shopper who got too keen on smelling lotions at The Body Shop. I was looking for the perfect sent for my grandmother. As i went from Mango to Vanilla hand lotion a shop assistant found me and assured me that the sent i was looking for was something more exotic. She was right, i loved the smell immediately, but right above this exotic smell (which i can't remember the name of) i found (in a similar jar) what looked like lavender hand lotion.

"HURRAY!" i thought to myself. "i love lavender smell!"

I greedily grabbed the container, unscrewed the lid, and took a deep breath. Sadly, the container did not contain lotion but rather a powder. The sent was lodged in my nose and would not leave for the rest of the day. but at least when the hubby let out that big fart at tea it smelled of lavender

2 comments:

Della said...

So in the end it was a curse AND a blessing - nice ;)

mist1 said...

I have been seduced by lavender. I visited Hvar, and was suckered by the tales of the rich history of the local lavender. I bought enough to support all of Croatia for the next five years.