Thursday, December 07, 2006

Please, hire me


Today I spent my time avoiding writing a cover letter. I never know what to say. I'm always afraid of coming off either too desperate or too full of myself. Is there a happy medium? If there is, I have yet to find it.

So after avoiding it for as long as possible, I finally gave in. I sat down opened my open office word document and began to type out a cover letter. It started out fine with the usual, "please consider me for this position" and ended with something close to tears about one sentence later.

"Sell yourself!"

This shouldn't be a problem. I know I'm a fabulous and well qualified person (modesty should probably rate somewhere in here too) but do you think I could write it in a coherent sort of way? Nope. Not a chance.

*le sigh* I guess I'm just doomed to sound conceited and out-spoken..at least I'm not desperate though....

2 comments:

mist1 said...

I always tell people that they would be foolish not to hire me.

Did I mention that I'm unemployed?

kris said...

lol! the world is full of fools!