Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Poll results (happiness)

In the end it was a tie between spouses and pets that were the main source of happiness for readers. While children and hobbies tied for a close second place.

Perhaps the information that can be taken from this poll is that the main source of happiness can not be calculated for all people. We have different things in our life that bring out smiles and laughter.

It never ceases to amaze me how different we are. While we might all look similar (head, body, fingers and toes) there are so many different combinations of internal workings that make us unique.

I have often commented how similar I am to my best friends. We like the same foods, listen to the same songs, and re-act the same way to pressure…but the truth is we are often worlds apart. We pull our strengths from different places. We find our happiness and contentment where the other does not.

These differences help bond us together. Without them we might pass over the beauty and new understanding that can be found in friends.

The thought for the today then, CELEBRATE THE DIFFERENCE! We would be boring without it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a confession to make, I cheated, I voted for spouse twice.

So I guess it was pets that really won. Not something I saw coming.

kris said...

lol! damn, now i will have to draw new conclusions....or i'll pretend i never received this notification and carry on as normal...



just don't tell anyone. it will be our secret.