Monday, May 12, 2008

Reason number 666: why i don't have children


I have long known that studies supported the idea that marriage makes people happier. I did not know that marriage withOUT children made them happier still.

According to a professor of psychology at Harvard University married couples have more happiness than those who are single, divorced, or co-habituating. However, the happiness of the couple decreases upon having children.

Once the children have left the home, the happiness of the couple returns to pre-children rates.

"Parents tell me all the time that: `My child is my greatest source of joy'," Professor Daniel Gilbert said. My reply is that: `Yes, when you have one source of joy, it's bound to be your greatest'."

AT LAST!! I finally have a scientific answer for why i am still childless!

No comments: