Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Internal Musings


I was a dark and stormy night when I lay my head against my pillow to sleep. The rain continually beat at my window creating strange shapes that morphed and then submitted to gravity's command, sliding down to collect on my seal.

The clock said 11:30 but it was wrong. As usual the clock had been set for 5 minutes ahead. I don't know why. It must be a family trait. I have often found that I, a million miles away from my father's particulars, set my clock fast. It is just one of those things.

The clock ticked past. Time apparently was moving but my mind was standing still. Every second dragged out like hours and hours were millennia. Would morning ever come?

Questions now poured into my soul from some outside source. The source threatened to drown me. How would I get back? When would I get back? What would it be like when I got there? Would it be like it was before? Should I find a job now? Should I hope for a job later?....The questions only continued and answers stayed at bay.

Time and life are intertwined but for that moment, they did fray.

No comments: