Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Lawsuit


I am one of the first to admit that I don't trust my government. Maybe it is too many conspiracy theories or too many classes where I'm taught to be skeptical of everything. But I don't trust my government.

My faith in government dealing has not been increased by the resent acknowledgement that President Bush has misused-used his power, allowing much "eaves-dropping" without any sort of protection to the people he serves.

Recently the ACLU, the Council on American-Islamic Relations, Greenpeace and several individuals came together to file a lawsuit claiming that the Bush administration has abused their privileges in office.

I suddenly feel pride again in my nation. While I don't trust my government, I feel safer knowing that a lawsuit isn't being squashed before it ever begins. At least for the moment, my freedom of speech is still being protected....at least to some degree.

No comments: