Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Sarah Palin

When i first heard that McCain had chosen a woman i was surprised and happy. I thought perhaps that we would finally be seeing some real feminist issues come to light. Perhaps we would address the need for women to be allowed paid maternity leave or maybe we would get a glimpse a woman's right to her own body! I was thrilled, until i heard her speak. Now i'm ashamed. McCain has chosen a pretty face. She isn't interested in Women's Rights. She isn't interested in showing off attributes that are important for a female leader. She is interested in not being caught out in another lie or half truth.

Check out the youtube clip of her talking about Joe Biden. At first she mocks him for being so old. Then when called on it, she suggests that she is merely pointing out that he has all the experience and she's the "fresh face". I hit my hand against my forehead. A woman who is constantly being criticised for her lack of experience really doesn't need to point it out so forcefully to the media.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is also funny that the republicans are always getting on Obama because of his lack of experience.

I also don't trust anyone who names their kids Track, Bristol, Willow, Piper & Trig. Seriously, what the frell? Willow and Piper maybe, but Track?




Also I get all my info on the election from The Daily Show. Probably not the best source, but I like it. In fact, I'm watching it right now.

Becky Daniel said...

So...I'm finally back to the land of the online. I find it "twilight zone" the first post i've put up in awhile happens to be about the exact same person...but the Saturday Night Live version. :)

Anonymous said...

Check out the new internet meme to have come from the election. Some quite funny stuff in there.