Friday, October 06, 2006

If you love Jesus, smack your forehead three times

I am so sick of forwards that end with "if you love Jesus and aren't ashamed of his death on a cross, you'll forward this to everyone in your contact list". Someone please explain to me, how forwarding an email will save me, cause as far as I can tell that seems to be the main motivation for sending these emails. The only reason to send (usually) poorly written dribble is to prove to my friends that I'm "not ashamed" to spread the name of Jesus. Well, I've got a news flash: I am ashamed to forward badly written, religious pulp to my friends!

Of all the forwards that bother me the most it is the one that states that something like 97% of people who read this forward won't forward this email because they are "ashamed" of Jesus. It then goes on to say, "if you are one of the 3% who believe in Jesus and aren't ashamed to claim it, forward this on (or repost this) with the subject title [insert stupid name like 'fat boy slim concert at 7:30pm'] What exactly does this prove besides the fact you got duped into reposting something?

Now I know that you've probably gone (at least once) 'yeah, okay, I'll forward it. Just cause I feel a bit hypocritical if I don't. I mean, I say I love Jesus, so if I don't forward it, maybe I don't.' Please let me assure you that your actions of NOT SENDING it do not denote your betrayal to the Christian order. It is only merely stating that God gave you free choice and a brain that has the ability to think. You are choosing to exercise a right that Christ died to give you. It is the choice to either forward meaningless drival or to delete it forever!

and if your contemplating forwarding the stuff to me let me just say, "chose life".

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

preach it, sister!!
i felt guilty about those forwards as a kid in high school until my music teacher (bells guy after Figgie) was joking around about them.
Mr. B: "Yes, I love Jesus. DELETE."

Lindsey Lou said...

Nicely put. I've often felt the same but have never articulated it so well.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!

Brandon said...

Yeah those kinds of forwards (and most others) take a straight trip to my trash box. They are really REALLY pathetic...