Thursday, May 03, 2007

The truth is out there

It was two days ago that i learned of my brother's death. He was killed with blunt force trauma to the heart. The killer never knew him, and by all understanding, never wished to know him.

The killer used a weapon that is used in many of these cases. He used words. He used words that went straight to the heart of my brother, causing pain that the killer seemed completely oblivious to. The pain was not caused by the 'truth' of these words but by underlying meaning that was there. The meaning was simply this "you are not good enough now. And you never have been and you never will be. No matter what you do, you will always be a failure in my eyes".

The pain that this caused was so great that my brother's heart broke. I know that he will never be the same man he was.

Rest in peace little brother. Second life is hard but rewarding.

No comments: