Tuesday, January 09, 2007

backyard dragon




























Yesterday i leisurely stepped outside to find a fairly large lizard staring up at me. And just because I'm the kind of person who is an Internet junky. I thought to myself, i should take a picture of it so i can post it on my blog!

So i ran inside, grabbed my camera and ran back outside. Please bear in mind i live in a country with some of the most poisonous creatures in the world. The motto seems to be, if its moving, its probably poisonous. So remembering this motto carefully, i ran right up to it and snapped its photo. where upon is proved it was not a slow moving creature.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've seen a simular lizard at a zoo when I visited Australia 2005. Although I think it was more blue in it's skin. I was told that it likes spiders and wasn't poisonous.

If this is the same type I have no idea but I hope for you so it will eat all the spiders were you live.

Ida

Anonymous said...

It's a blue tongue lizard. But you probably know that my now. It is not dangerous or deadly, however it can give a nasty bite if you annoy it.