Thursday, January 18, 2007

Entertainment and me



I have officially become disturbed by the major businesses. I thought that they could never shut down all the sites on the web for piracy. I mean, anyone can make a webpage, nowadays. So how could they possibly be able to stamp out all the ways you can pirate their stuff?

My thinking has now changed. They are going to be able to shut down all the major sites. There will be small one here and there, but freedom and ease of information is going to be a thing of the past.

I'll probably be sued for saying this (but I'll hire Lindsey for my lawyer so WATCH OUT!) i don't think there is anything wrong with taking business away from the entertainment industries. I think it is time for a major revolution. Fim studios pay actors. Some actors get paid almost nothing, others get paid obscene amounts. If film studios aren't making as much money, they will not be able to pay their actors $6 million for a single film. If actors aren't paid as much, kids won't see being famous as so important. (that might be a debatable issue) but we as a society will hopefully start putting money into other areas of life...and i'm hoping that nurses, teachers, doctors, and social workers start getting more aid.

In short, if the Internet causes a change in the way our society runs, I'll be very happy.

2 comments:

Lindsey Lou said...

Aw, how nice!

And while I agree with you on the point you're making, I still think that it is stealing. Why not boycott the industry if we want results? I have not problem with that, but taking things without paying for them when there are people who make their livelihoods from that business (make-up artists, camera men, stuntmen, etc) is, to me, wrong.

kris said...

yes, it is stealing. and while i don't agree with the business, i do recognise that it is wrong to steal from thiefs and liars. Yet people continue to do it, so since i'm not going to change that, i'm hoping for the best possible outcome. :)