Wednesday, January 31, 2007

TV repair man


For the past several months I've been living without television. We have a TV in our home, we even turn it on once in a while, but it is usually to see if the picture is still blurry beyond hope. It always is. Today i decided I'd finally fork out the money and call the antenna repair man.

Being a tight ass, i called the all the antenna repairmen in our district. I informed both of them that i would be home all day EXCEPT between 12:30 and 1:30. Both of them came out to have a look. The first guy arrived at 12:27 and took 5 minutes to assess the situation. He saw that our antenna was permanently gone and we were going to need another one. it would cost us $300. i smiled sweetly and informed him that i would need to consult my husband before waisting...er...i mean spending that much money.

The second man showed up around 2:15. He took 20 minutes to assess the situation. he spent lots of time testing various different cables and wires. Finally he said to me, "i can fix it for $122 but you won't get channel 3."

i can live with that.

1 comment:

mist1 said...

I didn't even know that there was such a profession as antenna repair man.