Wednesday, November 15, 2006

AAARRRG!

I got another one. Those horrible forwards that just piss me off. It was posted as a myspace bulletin. I'll avoid pointing the finger at who sent this to me but this time, I saved it for you.
Why do we sleep in church, but when the ceremony is over we suddenly wake up?
Why is it so hard to talk about God, but so easy to talk about sex?
Why are we so bored when we look at a Christian magazine, but find it easy to read Playboy?
Why is it so easy to ignore a Godly myspace message, Yet we repost the nasty ones?
Why are churches getting smaller, But bars and clubs are growing?
Think about it, are you going to repost this?
Are you going to ignore it, cause you think you'll get laughed at?
Just remember God is always watching you.

Repost this as "Don't read if you're under 15."

80 % of you wont repost this.

The Lord said:
"If you deny me in front of your friends, I will deny you in front of my father"


Now lets look at this for a moment, shall we? The thing that JUMPS out at me is what to repost this as. "don't read if you're under 15". Sounds like your actually trying to trick people into reading. It is human nature to want to read something when it says you shouldn't. Plus it has that sort of I'm-a-sexual-bulletin sort of quality. Hmm, neither one of those sounds very 'truthful' and isn't that what real Christianity is about? I mean, Christ did say, "I am the TRUTH". (note lack of chapter and verse)

The other thing that got me was the quote from "the Lord". I love how it is unsupported with chapter and verse yet it gives a wonderful little guilt trip to the reader. You know, I don't think ANYTHING Jesus ever said was motivated by guilt tripping people into following Him. Maybe we should try to avoid guilt tripping people into Heaven.


"80 % of you wont repost this." hmmm, probably I'll get this sent to me another 50 times because people just can't stand the idea that they would be part of the majority. I mean, lets face it, we like to think we're unique and individual. We can't be part of everyone else!

Now it is an interesting idea that sex is more sociable acceptable to talk about than Christianity, but that is only in certain circles and in this generation. 50 years ago, our way of talking about sex was to avoid it at all costs. I mean, Lucy and Ricki didn't even sleep in the same bed for most of I Love Lucy.

So what is my point in ranting against another 'Christian' post. My point is that we don't have to be tricked into being a Christian. We don't have to trick others into it either. Christianity needs to be a real force in our lives that uses both our hearts and our heads. If it doesn't, it is nothing but leaking sewage.

[Repost this within 5 minutes or Jesus won't love you anymore.]


3 comments:

mist1 said...

I hope G*d wasn't watching me when I wiped my nose on my sleeve. I don't want to gross G*d out.

kris said...

The way this post is worded makes God sound like a bit of a pervert, either that or santa clause. [singing] "he sees you when your sleeping. he knows when your awake. He knows if you've been bad or good, so be good for goodness sake!"

actually santa's a bit pervy too:P

Anonymous said...

This is rediculous even if it that shit they said is true, i really dont think god gives a shit whether or not you reply to a bulletin on myspace..