Wednesday, November 22, 2006

the Christmas Beetle


The name sounds festive and friendly. It sounds like it should be a special creature to be called the christmas beetle. But alas, its name, like so many others, is completely decieving.

Over the past few weeks i've noticed more and more beetles upside down (both dead and dying) in my house. i have no problem if these little guys want to frolick around the backyard but it is just not okay for them to choose my house to come and DIE in!

Just yesterday i found three beetles dead on my kitchen floor. I found another two in the dining room and finaly another two in the laundry. Last night a disoriented beetle flew in my EYE while i was falling asleep. This was the last straw. While i might find their name enduring, these little suckers are not welcome in my home! To quote Looney Toons, "You realise of course that, This means WAR!"

No comments: