Saturday, March 03, 2007

The Princess Bride


If i've been lax in posting recently its because i've been engaged in reading one of my favourite books, The Princess Bride. I am always amazed at Goldman's ablity to create a fictional world that mirrors the real so closely you believe it to be true. (by this i'm making reference to his continual notes on the 'original' work by S. Morgenstern, a completely fictional author)

I love the books play on words, its beauty in irony. I love it all. Let me give you a sample from the book:

"Your father has had his annual physical," the Count said. "I have the report."
"And?"
"Your father is dying."
"Drat!" said the Prince. "That means I shall have to get married."



now don't stampede to get to the library to get yourself a copy.







"A princess bride personality test!"




You are Valerie. You're not a witch, you're miracle Max's wife. Excitable, effervescent and tough as old boots, you love to point out other peoples' shortcomings and it amuses you to bring things up in conversation that others would rather forget! Deep down though you do have a heart and care about your loved ones, which is why you nag so much!
Take this quiz!








Quizilla |
Join

| Make A Quiz | More Quizzes | Grab Code

3 comments:

mist1 said...

I have never read this book. I adore the movie. I can't think of another example of a movie that I love where I haven't read the book first.

kris said...

its so worth reading. One of the funniest books ever!

Anonymous said...

Yip, a great book. The movie is also great, partly because Cary Elwes is in it (of Robin Hood: Men in Tights fame).